Wednesday 11 December 2013

Last post from NYC

Well our final full day in NYC. It was interesting at the Kaufman School this morning as David and I had our first real rehearsal time with our ensembles since the workshops. I know I certainly worked differently with the choir and their sound is changing - for the better. I hope I can bring a bag full of new tricks back for Barker's choirs in 2014.

It was fantastic to experience the unbridled enthusiasm of our students tonight, watching Matilda at the historic Shubert Theatre. What a phenomenal musical it is, and my enjoyment of it was equally matched by seeing the faces of some of our students lit up like a four year old at Christmas. What an incredible three days it has been in NYC, with the Empire State Building to come in the morning before we head off to rural Pennsylvania. Our longest solo concert of the tour is tomorrow in Hershey, with all our repertoire and soloists on display. Hopefully we'll be met with the same enthusiasm we've been bathed in at every venue so far.


Peter Ellis

No comments: